Friday, July 15, 2011

Commiting to Tinkerbell!




Yeah! I did it! I committed to running the Tinkerbell Half Marathon! I'm so super excited about this! It's so awesome on so many levels! (ok that's a lot of exclamation points and a lot of high school sounding pharsing.)


Honestly though it's is amazing! I love that the race is the day after my daughter's second birthday and days before Spencer's birthday and just a mear 18 days before my birthday----- so HAPPY BIRTHDAY YB'S!!! And, unless my sister completes a half marathon before January it will be her first half marathon ever. This is a girl that used to break out in a rash when she ran outside. seriously. It will be beyond words to run this with her. (ok, if you know anything about my sister you also know that I am sort of setting us up for some crazy freak disaster to set in but we'll be in the Happiest Place on Earth where customer/guest service is of the utmost importance (yes, I used to work for the cult.... and boy do I wish I still did right now!). The cast members will get us through any thing Holly's luck will bring us! ha!



It's odd though committing to this run. Odd on a financial and best use of resources level. We're a single income family so trips to Disneyland are not an every year occurance. Races haven't been either because of babies and whatnot but put together a race and a trip to Disneyland and we're talking serious cash when it's all tallied up. I am only really justifying the expence because it is near our birthdays, and it's the first Tinkerbell Half Marathon, and Holly's going to run it too, and because I've commited early. The money's gone. I won't see that race fee again. Thank you overtime and holiday pay. Next month the hotel room.



But I do wonder, was it the right move? Should I have used that money for 8-weeks of boot camp? I want to go to boot camp. Everyone is doing it. No joke, everyone I know is going to this boot camp. My husband just signed up for the year and is so stoked he can hardly contain himself. I want to join, but now I've signed up for the race. I feel like "I spent my workout money." It's for one day. Was it the best decision? Depends on perspective. I'm happy with the decision. I wish I could have both, but unless I play the Lotto tomorrow and win it would be irresponsible of me to sign up for 8 weeks of boot camp which would take me through the heat and give me plenty of time and strength to train for the half marathon.......... I haven't thought about this much, can you tell?



Either way I'm happy. There is a lot of potential for an amazing weekend! I really happy to have a goal on the horizon too!

1 comment:

kim du bry said...

: : : L E G A C Y : : :
TINKERBELL HALF MARATHONER!!!
Yeah, it is sooo worth it.